Self-Help Center

Tenant Rights and Responsibilities (English):

Tenant Rights and Responsibilities.pdf

Tenant Rights and Responsibilities (Spanish):

Tenant Rights and Responsibilities-Spanish.pdf

Landlord Checklist (English):

Landlord Checklist.pdf

Landlord Checklist (Spanish):

Landlord Checklist-Spanish.pdf

For Tenants:

Tenant Rights and Responsibilities - READ the Tenant Rights and Responsibilities to learn about your rights and what actions you are required to take in order to avoid an eviction for COVID-19 rental debt.

YOU MAY QUALIFY FOR RENTAL ASSISTANCE.  California has an emergency rental assistance program to assist renters who, because of the COVID-19 pandemic, have been unable to pay their rent and utility bills on or after April 1, 2020.  You can apply for it regardless of your citizenship or immigration status.  There is no charge to apply for or receive this assistance.  Additional information about the program can be found by visiting or by calling 1-833-422-4255.  

If You Have Been Served With An Unlawful Detainer Complaint.  RE-READ the Tenant Rights and Responsibilities.  

     Forms To File An Answer With The Bishop Courthouse.  

     Forms To File An Answer With The Independence Courthouse.

You may find information about all the different emergency legislation (laws) that have been put into place since the outbreak of the COVID-19 Pandemic at:



For Landlords:

Landlord Checklist.pdf ​- before you are able to file an Unlawful Detainer Complaint (Eviction) with the court, you must first provide the correct Notice(s) to the tenant.  READ the Landlord Checklist to make sure that you have first provided the required Notice(s) to all tenants.

Different Notices To Pay Or Quit That Are Required For Rent Due From March  1, 2020 Through March 31, 2022

After You Have Provided The Correct Notices To The Tenant And You Have Determined That You Are Able To File The Unlawful Detainer Complaint Forms (Eviction Forms) At The Court:  RE-READ the Landlord Checklist to make sure that you are able to file the eviction forms at the court. 

     Forms To File Unlawful Detainer Complaint At The Bishop Courthouse.   

     Forms To File Unlawful Detainer Complaint At The Independence Courthouse.